1. Aiden had a night off from Taekwondo this week so we got to have a family game night.
3. Affirmation from a friend/mentor about a recent decision that I knew in my heart was right but still was hard to make. I have stepped down from my role as Small Group Coordinator at church. This was done for the right reasons at the right time, and I am definitely at peace with the choice. I am also really enjoying the fruit of the work God has done in me to help me be content in our current congregation.
4. Is it silly that I am seriously thankful for our library every single week? I find myself thinking I shouldn't mention it again, but if I want an accurate reflection of this season of life when I look back some day I might as well keep it real! Our librarians are a blessing, and make me smile. Story time is by far one of me and Aiden's favorite time of the week. He loves going, and I (in all honesty as a homeschool mama) enjoy the short break. I love being able to feed his incredible love of books so easily. I just love the library.
5. Aiden's love of snail mail (which I wrote about here) and sending out some of his latest creations.
6. My dear friend Emily providing some pants that actually fit for Aiden. While this would have been special regardless, her timing was perfect. I have always enjoyed sharing our hand-me-downs with friends, but all of our local friends have kids that are the same age or younger than Aiden so we are rarely given any. It is one of those things where I always know that God will provide what we need, but sometimes I am weak and start to lose hope. I am so thankful for friends who share the love of God through their support of our family.
7. Progress being made in me finding a schedule for myself. I have realized that before I can even think about finally getting the whole family (mostly Aiden) into a routine I have got to figure out my own schedule. I have been faithfully pushing forward through some serious stress with full confidence that the work would pay off, and it finally is. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and boy does it lift my spirit!
8. Having the chance to listen to an online presentation by Jen Hatmaker for the Influence & Impact Summit while Aiden worked on schoolwork one morning. I have been doing some virtual assistant work for a friend, and it has been giving me the opportunity to use a different part of my brain. I have really enjoyed it, and taking time to learn more and be inspired by great speakers while still making sure things are getting done at home is such a blessing.
9. Getting to know some new bloggers and make new connections this week, especially: Melanie, Caroline, Heather & Carissa.
10. Aiden has been extra snuggly this week. I know my days of getting to hold him are numbered, so I try to enjoy every single time he crawls up in my lap.
Linking Up With:
Also on the blog this week (in case you missed these posts!)