The first two weeks of December have gone by so quickly, I can't even believe it. I never imagined I would be working so much this month. While it is great to be able to help ease some of the financial burden we have been experiencing, it has meant a whole lot less time for the things I usually have going on this time of year. I have been working on giving myself grace as I focus more on what is really important, but I think taking some time to think of my 10 things is more important than ever this week!
- A lesson in simplicity from my 5-year-old. When presented with a whole page full of craft ideas he had his heart set on making simple candy canes from pony beads and pipe cleaners. That kid... always teaching me something!
- Another lesson from Aiden (he is always bringing me joy!) that made me smile was when he had Matt pause in the reading of a story about creation to bow his little head and pray to tell God that he loved His creation. Then they resumed the story. Excuse me while my heart melts.
- How excited Kylee was about her bat-shaped salt dough ornaments. Sometimes I still manage to rock as an aunt.
- Holden evening prayer for Advent services. This is my very favorite service, but usually it is done on Saturday night with a small crowd. To hear this beautiful, music-filled liturgy with so many voices on Wednesday night is a true gift. It is one of those things that just makes my heart overflow with worship and praise.
- Our yearly cookie day with our dear friends. We missed the pumpkin patch this fall, and it kind of broke my heart. So I am so very happy we were able to keep this tradition!
- Black Pepper Oil. I kept saying I couldn't imagine ever buying it but for some reason it was one of those oils I always thought I wanted. So when I got the chance to combine sales and grab it I did and I kind of love it!
- Lasagna. After reading this post I knew I just had to make lasagna sometime soon! I made it for Matt's brother and it was just right.
- Samuel. That kid. He is Matt's youngest brother and has always had a special place in my heart since he used to call me his sister when he was just a kid. He embraced me right away when I married Matt, and we are both left-handed so I like to thing we share that mutual awesomeness, ha! He is not exactly a kid anymore, but he is still an awesome little bro-in-law!
- Hot tea and good books.
- My husband. He is amazing and has been such a blessing these past couple of weeks especially!
And in case that wasn't enough... there is this...
What made YOU happy this week?