In 2014 I took that top right photo of Aiden for my (unfinished) project 365. If you look close, he has a milk mustache and a dirty face. It was just so Aiden. And he is standing on my bed looking out the window... you know, the one he climbed out a few times before he was allowed to even be outside alone and then would come in the front door and scare me silly. Anyhow, the following year I took a photo at the same window at the start of January. So, of course I had to do it again this year. He is looking so much more grown up to me lately.
Now it is that time of week when I stop and think of 10 things that made me happy this week! The first week of 2016 was NOT what we had imagined! I started watching a sweet little 2-month-old, which I love, but my own little one got pretty sick at the same time. He ended up with strep and scarlet fever. It was a weird week! We kind of kept him "quarantined" to protect the baby, and Matt stayed home a couple extra days to help out so Aiden wouldn't be lonely. In spite of some challenges, there was plenty of joy to be found...
- Baby snuggles! And all the other sweetness that this baby girl brings with her three days a week!
- Our family doctor getting Aiden in right away when he got so sick. Oh, and 4-dose antibiotics!
- Finding my Zen tea back in our local walmart (they tend to get rid of everything I really love, ha!)
- Quiet mornings with my Heavenly Father.
- Fun games from my childhood to play with Aiden, like Guess Who.
- Working on knife skills with Aiden with the kid knives my brother got him for Christmas (my knife skills are already improving as a result!)
- The sweetness of my local best friend who sent food when Aiden was sick! She is always so thoughtful!
- A very fun dinner and game night with the bros (both mine and Matt's) and of course the cheesecake!
- My awesome husband who rocked the homemade ravioli for my upcoming post!
- The #ParentTeacherMeetUp resuming... I love collaborating with my awesome homeschool mama friends Maggie and Nicolette, and the posts that are linked up always encourage and inspire me!
What made YOU happy this week?!