So, how about some randomness? You know... since I am sitting here already I might as well type something before I move on to pinterest...
- I emailed the parents of our teens today... I feel like the past month has gone by sooo slooowww! We finally get to meet our teens (hopefully all 12 of them!) next week! Tomorrow Matt will meet some of them when they go to a Christian concert together. Our church helped sponsor the event, so we had to postpone starting Godparents to take the kids to the concert instead. I am sure they will have a great time, but I am just not thinking Aiden would enjoy it so we will just send Daddy.
- It never ceases to amaze me how I feel younger than I am. When I am emailing these parents I feel like I am so much younger, when in reality a couple of them are close to my age! The parents get to come to our home for a meeting at the end of this month, and let's not even talk about how nervous I am. Kids I can handle... adults intimidate me, lol. BUT...
- I went to MOPS registration last week and it went just fine. I am super excited about the first meeting, and felt slightly less shy by the end of registration. I definitely feel like there is a light at the end of the postpartum social anxiety weirdness... and praise God because I was starting to feel like I had completely lost my ability to make new friends!
- I am in week 3 of the weight lifting program I am doing, and I can now officially say that I hate step-ups. Other than that I am loving the program though. My biggest challenge right now is the cardio withdrawal. On days I don't lift I still don't have the energy to really get into intense workouts. I have debated modifying the schedule, but decided I am going to stick with this for now. I want to see what this heavy lifting can do for me. I am already feeling so much stronger!
- We went to Mom's for the Husker game on Saturday... man I love football season!!! Although our lovely fall weather seems to have retreated again. It was so hot all weekend. Matt had 3 days off and we stayed inside for most of it because that period of fall weather turned me into a wimp. Haha.
- I neeeeed to start taking more pics of Aiden with my camera instead of my phone. I just miss having a big girl camera SO MUCH that it makes me cranky to even use the p&s right now. Every time the season starts changing I miss my camera. Thank goodness for instagram or there might not be any pics of the bubs from this period!
P.S. - I plan on joining in this challenge, so that should mean a real blog post once a week from me, even if it just a great, healthy recipe and progress update! :)