I have always wanted to make some muffin tin crayons, but for some reason I never actually did it. Until today! I decided that it would be fun to make some little Earth crayons for our friends on Earth Day!
The process was pretty simple...
1. Peel and break crayons until your fingers ache (I actually chopped the white with a knife so that we would have a cloud effect without big white spots)
2. Let Aiden put some of each color family in each muffin tin and then add a "sprinkle of white"
3. Bake at 300 degrees for about 8 minutes. (***I will say that because we were using our old hodgepodge crayon assortment there were lots of brands and qualities and some melted SUPER fast!!) Then let them cool - I put them in the freezer for a while after the pan cooled.
4. Pop out your beautiful crayons!
5. Attach them to a quick little card using the free image found here.
Wednesday, April 22