I didn't get around to doing my 10 things post last week, and again I really missed it. I have gotten used to taking some time to reflect on the best parts of the week. Overall, this was a good week! Here are some reasons why:
- The weather is getting cooler all the time, and while I will miss the warmth I also enjoy the excuse to curl up inside and slow down. People talk about the lazy days of summer, but I feel like when the weather is warm we feel like we have to be enjoying it all the time. When it is yucky outside it is easier to enjoy staying home.
- Family game night on Sunday was a lot of fun. We were kind of on hiatus for a while for various reasons, so it was good to gather again and enjoy a good meal and great games.
- Lots of projects to work on for my part time virtual assistant job. I enjoy having the opportunity to use my brain, and the upcoming extra income ill be helpful in a big way. Things have been tighter than ever with some low work at Matt's job.
- Getting a free humidifier from Influenster when I hadn't even thought to budget for one but was clearly going to need one for the winter. Those little surprising ways things work out are fun. You can read about it here.
- An afternoon playdate for Aiden and chance for me to catch up with a dear friend.
- Comfortable friendship that lets me just be my flawed self and not worry about that.
- Getting to meet a friend's newborn baby girl for the first time. So sweet!!
- A little happy mail from a lovely blogging friend and also my homeschool mom secret pal.
- Slow but steady progress toward being organized in my work-at-home life.
- A new diffuser!!! My best friend gave me my Christmas present early and I am sooooo excited! I have been missing my happy smells, ha! It is the diffuser from this post and it is on a crazy good sale on Amazon right now, btw! You know... in case you need one too!
Linking Up With:
What made YOU happy this week? I would love to hear about it in the comments! Or link to your own post if you have one!
Other posts you might want to check out while you are here:
- An acrostic poem about why I am THANKFUL
- A holiday gift guide with a giveaway for $130 Target card (and more!!)
- My latest reflection on motherhood and why I don't want to rush Aiden's childhood
- A list of Online Bible study resources that I love
- The weekly #ParentTeacherMeetUp
If you enjoyed this post, I would love it if you would sign up for my weekly email newsletter! I look forward to sharing more with you through this little bit of happiness sent to your inbox each week!