I have no idea why I first made rum balls. I would assume it was a request from Matt's co-workers, although I have to say that after actually eating these I now know they probably weren't workplace appropriate! Ha! No wonder his co-workers requested them! Nothing like a couple rum balls to make a day behind a desk more bearable. Anyhow, this recipe is simple and festive. Just don't let the kiddos lick the spoon. And if you have never made rum balls, the instruction to leave them in a sealed container for a week is legit. You could eat them right away but they will knock your socks off!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup rum
- 2 1/2 cups crushed chocolate creme wafers (waffle cookies as my sister calls them)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave-safe medium bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and then continue to heat at 20 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Stir in sugar and corn syrup. Blend in rum. Add crushed vanilla wafers and chopped nuts. Mix until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll the chilled chocolate mixture into bite-size balls. Roll balls in a mixture of ground nuts and confectioner's sugar, or just plain confectioner's sugar. Store in a covered container for a week before serving to blend the flavors.
Linking up with: Dream. Create. Inspire.
Now it is YOUR turn to share a recipe or craft for the holidays for the #HFTHBlogHop!!
With the holidays just around the corner, we want to share our favorite Traditions, Gifts, Decor, Food & more and we want to know YOURS! Join your hosts Neely, Branson, Lauren, Julia and Natasha the first week of December as we link up and step into your home for the holidays!
The days for this blog party will be themed... link up as many posts as you like each day, as long as they fit the theme for the day!
- Monday - Gifts
- Tuesday - Recipes/Crafts
- Wednesday - Traditions/Activities
- Thursday - Decor
- Friday - Free for All! (Link up any holiday-related post, or make up for any of the days you missed!)
Make sure to link up with us every day and use the hashtag #HFTHbloghop to share photos and posts on social media. We will be retweeting and reposting your posts throughout the week... and on through the holidays! We will also pin our favorites to the Home for the Holidays pinterest board! Come join the fun - find some new blogs and get your blog out there while spreading cheer throughout the blogosphere!
It would be lovely if you would follow each of your hosts in some way! Feel free to give a shout out when you do so we can follow you as well!
Neely @ It Starts With Coffee
Branson @ My Reflection of Something
Lauren @ Talk of the Trains
Natasha @ Natasha Byrd
Julia @ The Quiet Grove
Click to tweet and help us spread the word!
Grab a button!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myreflectionofsomething.com/p/htfhbloghop.html" rel="nofollow" title="Home for the Holidays Blog Hop" target="_blank"><img src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q1lE5eoQ0ug/VkzIHmN4yYI/AAAAAAAANrE/DrPF5edBXtw/s320/HFTHbloghop.png" alt="Home for the Holidays Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>